what is negative keywords in PPC?
Google Answers,"A type of keyword that prevents your ad from being triggered by a certain word or phrase. Your ads aren’t shown to anyone who is searching for that phrase. This is also known as a negative match."
Negative keyword examples
Let’s say, we provide a SEO training like one of our long-time web design partner CreativeWebPixel and we have a campaign focused just in the Jaipur area. And we want our ad to show up when people in Jaipur search for things like:
- SEO Training
- SEO Courses
- best SEO training in Jaipur
- SEO Institute Jaipur
But, we do not want to show-up our ads when people search for:
- SEO jobs in jaipur
- Career in SEO
- SEO salary packages
- How to do SEO
So, what Digital marketing institute do is, simply add the following keywords in the negative list in order to stop the ads to the non targeted audience.
- how to
Where negative keywords will help?
When deployed correctly negative keywords can bring the following invaluable benefits:
- Negative Keywords stop showing Google PPC ads to the wrong target audience.
- Unqualified and uninterested searchers won’t be able to click your ads.
- Ads appear to people who are more likely to click them; improving ROI
- Directly saving money on wasted clicks and reduce waste spend
- Improves the click through rate (CTR) of your keywords/ads, thus improving ad quality scores.
Finding Negative Keywords for PPC
Here is the list of tools that can help you to find negative kewords for your PPC campaign
Note: Some of the negative keywords provided may be relevant to your campaigns, so be sure to use your discretion when adding any of them to AdWords. Always review the lists and leave out the keywords that are actually relevant to what you are advertising for.